Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Podcasting


     Podcasting is distributing audio (or  video) clips to individuals that have subscribed to your feed.  This can be through iTunes or many other web-based things.
     In my classroom I could use podcasts when I will not be in the class.  I could record the lesson the day before and my students could still hear me give a lesson.  I could also have my students create podcasts as a review of material or as an assessment. Another use of podcasts could be differentiation for my classroom.  I could record variations of a lesson for different groups of students.
     Podcasts have many benefits in the classroom and would be a break from the ordinary for my students.  I could even teach when I am not in the classroom.
     Podcasts can be, like many things, time consuming.  If you are willing to put the time in up front, however, podcasting will become second-nature.

1 comment: