Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Technology in the Classroom Part 2

     Technology will play a vital part in my classroom.  There are just too many positive aspects of technology to leave it out of my classroom.  Technology is a great way to interest students in a topic, whether that be by using scavenger hunt or a webquest,  or by taking a virtual field trip or talking to an expert through a distance learning activity, technology is way more interesting than a chalkboard.  
     Technology will also allow me to differentiate my lesson plans much easier.  I could have pre-differentiated lessons using podcasts or a wiki or any number of other things to allow students to work at their own pace and on different material during a lesson.
    This class has definitely added to my repertoire of tech skills.  I am now proficient in many skills including creating scavenger hunts and webquests, podcasts, curriculum pages, wikis, movies, and many others.  These will all be very useful to me in the classroom.  Perhaps the most important thing I will take away from this class, however, is the knowledge of how to improve my skills.  Technology is changing so quickly that many of these skills will be obsolete in a few years.  There are many free ways to keep up with the latest technology including attending FREE online sessions and searching for the latest trends in technology.

1 comment:

  1. You're absolutely correct... knowing how to be a lifelong learner is essential.

    ReplyDelete