Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Teacher Webpages

     A teacher webpage is a webpage where a teacher can post class information, limited personal information, and any other information that would be beneficial to parents and students.  In my classroom I will use my teacher webpage to provide my students with useful resources.  I will try to provide them with extra resources to use for each unit that I teach.  This way, if they do not understand what I teach in class, they will know where they can access extra or alternative resources.  I will also use my webpage to post a weekly outline and assignments.  This will allow students to always have access to what we are doing in class.  My teacher webpage will also include a small amount of personal information, including how to contact me, so that my students can get to know who I am.  I will also include the syllabus for each class that I am teaching and expectations for each class.
     There are many positives to maintaining a teacher webpage.  One positive is that students will have access to all of the class information they need at any given time.  a student can never give the excuse of, "I didn't know we had an assignment."  Students and parents also have access to many additional resources that will aid those who are struggling and those that are interested in exploring a topic further.
     One of the negatives of maintaining a teacher webpage is that it can be time consuming, especially if you fall behind for a period.  If you are dedicated to maintaining a teacher webpage it will be very important to set aside some each day or each week to update the page.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like your teacher web page will be very helpful for your students.

    ReplyDelete